Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Makings of a Card

Hello Stampers and Scrapbookers!

As most of you are aware, Stampin' Up! Regionals is drawing near. I will be heading to Vancouver next Friday the 27th. I will be attending a 'by invitation only' Demonstrator's function on Friday evening. All day Saturday is the Stampin' Up! Regionals training seminar. I am very excited to be able to attend. I look forward to bringing back many new and exciting ideas for all of my customers.

In preparation for these two events, I have been working on 200 Regional swap cards, another 15 swap cards for the Friday evening, 10 Scrap-A-Card swaps, as well as a Make 'n Take project for the attendees at the Friday evening event! I have a lot of work cut out for me over the next week!

As I was preparing original cards for these events, I sat back looking at the makings of some of the cards. I thought that I would share with you how my cards start out. First, I start with an idea of which stamps I will use. This gives me an idea of the proportion I will need to keep in mind for the main image piece of card stock. From there, I start sketching! Yes, I actually sketch my cards out. Here are pictures of the sketches I did of two of my cards. They are very rough drawings. I am no artist when it comes to sketching! After the sketching is complete, I take my stamp set out. From there, I go to my card stock bin and also bring out the Colour Coach. The colour coach really makes choosing colours a lot easier. The guess work is already done!

I know that this post is not very colourful, but I thought that you might be interested how I design a card. I think that you will agree that designing a project is the tough part. Making the initial project is a bit easier once the idea is in place. Making multiples of a project takes time, but it is far less tedious! These sketches were completed while I was at my step-son's karate lessons. I guess you can say that I take stamping everywhere I go! I guess it was a great place for inspirtion! It must have been the focus, concentration, and dedication of the karate students seeping out to me!

These cards are still at the sketch phase. However, I have the card stock colours picked out! I do still need to make them! I will post pictures of them once they are completed! As I said, I have my work cut out for me over the next week!

Cheers!

Stacey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home