Saturday, March 24, 2007

Regional Swap Card

Hello Stampers and Scrapbookers!

I have been busy planning for the upcoming Regionals Training seminar for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. As I mentioned in my previous post, my goal is to prepare 200 swap cards to take to Regionals. Regionals is a wonderful opportunity for demonstrators. There are hundreds of demonstrators who attend(400 or so?). It is a sold out event! There will be informative business and creative stamping presentations, tons of stamped displays, the honour of meeting Shelli Gardner who is the co-founder and CEO of Stampin' UP!, and of course swapping! These are only a few highlights of Regionals.


Here is a picture of my first swap card. I am going to take 4 different swap cards with me. I will make 50 of each. Assembly line, here I come!
The main piece of card stock is Naturals Ivory. I layered two colours of card stock on top of the main piece: Regal Rose and Rose Red. Each of these two pieces were stamped in their coordinating inks using the Fine Lace background stamp. The image from the Petal Prints stamp set is stamped three times using Rose Red ink for the flower and Always Artichoke ink right after one another without re-inking. This creates a lighter image each time. The other two flower images are stamped using the same technique but I used So Saffron and Always Artichoke ink. I sponged Always Artichoke ink around the edges of the Very Vanilla card stock and mounted this piece on a piece of Always Artichoke card stock. The ribbon I used was Olive Narrow Organdy. The 'Thinking of You' stamp is from the Friend to Friend Stamp set.

I have all of the card stock cut out to make 50 of this card. I will be busy stamping, that's for sure! Once I have completed all 50 cards, I will start my next swap card.

Happy Stampin'!

Stacey

(images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007)

1 Comments:

At 10:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey, this is a great card! Hope I get to swap with you at Regionals! ; ) Bev.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home