Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Birthday Gift

Hello Stampers and Scrapbookers!

This past week was very busy for me with Sell-A-Bration in-home workshops. The pace has just settled down over the weekend and I was able to spend a great deal of time with family and friends.
On Saturday evening I was invited out for dinner to celebrate my friend Trina's birthday. Since Trina had requested many of my cards over the past few months to give to others, I only thought that it would be fitting to give her a collection of cards for her birthday. I made her eight coordinating cards and packaged them in a paper-crafted handbag. I made the handbag to also coordinate with the cards. Since it was her birthday, each of the cards were birthday cards. We all have a need for birthday cards so it seemed fitting! You can see another sample of a paper handbag and card set in my posting from my Sell-A-Bration open-house. The handbag featured here was decorated using the Simply Scrappin' Just Delightful scrappin' kit (choose this kit or one of 5 exclusive stamp sets for free only until the end of this month with a $75.00 purchase). I chose to keep the decorations on the bag simple. The card layouts were all different. I kept them simple as well. In fact, I always have so many scrap pieces of paper in my scrap bin that I wonder if they will ever be used. For these cards, I made a point of choosing the colour scheme to match the colours in the scrapbook paper. I then went to my scrap paper bin, pulled out the folders holding each colour, and started to piece papers together. I literally made up the layouts depending on the pieces that were already cut up. If you have many scrap pieces of paper leftover from previous projects, pick a colour scheme and start to piece papers together. You will be amazed with what you can come up with!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRINA!

and...happy stampin' and scrappin' to everyone!

Stacey

1 Comments:

At 12:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey, what an awesome gift! Did I mention that it's my birthday next week??!! Okay, just kidding, it's not... Love the little purse and the cards look amazing! Thanks for sharing! Bev.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home