Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Seeing Outside the Box!

Hello Stampers!

I have been having a bit of difficulty accessing my blogger account over the past few days. Sorry about the lapse in postings!

I am going to share with you two of my creations today! They are again creations that I have designed for the colour challenge. I am pleased to say that the cards/scrapbook layouts that I have featured lately are all of my original designs. As a demonstrator I have access to thousands of layouts that are so incredible that I can't resist to use them every now and then. But I want to assure everyone that I will always challenge my own talents and share with you my own creations as well!

I made the card to the left with the scrapbook layout that I featured in my previous posting in mind. Scrapbook pages make wonderful gifts for family members. This would make a great card to send along with the scrapbook page. Although this is a simplistic card it serves the purpose to match the scrapbook page. Again, I was focusing on the use of Stampin' Ups! punches to add embellishments to a page. This idea works just as well when used on cards. I added just a touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the butterfly for added interest.


This second card took stamping and punching to a new level. As a Christmas gift to all Stampin' Up! demonstrators, we received the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set for free from Shelli (the cofounder and CEO of Stampin' Up!) . The Polka Dots & Paisley set will be available to purchase from the Spring Mini Catalogue from March 1 - June 30th, 2007. When I first saw the stamp set, all that I could see was a face. This is the card that I came up with. This is my own creation and an original. I stamped the stem of the flower for the mouth, the flower of the stamp became the eyes and the circle outline of the flower was used to create the nose. I carefully inked the "dot" of the flower stamp using the edge of the Marigold Morning ink pad. I then used the Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker to colour the petals. That is how I achieved the two colours on the one stamp. The cheeks are just sponged on using Rose Red ink and a Stampin' Sponge. I used the Daisy punch to create the hair and I also sponged some Marigold Morning ink on each flower for added dimension. I adhered each flower to the paper using Sticky Strip to ensure a good bond.....wouldn't want her hair to fall out! The little buckle at her neck line is from the Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware kit that I had won for our last group challenge! I am putting my winnings to good use. The ribbons used are white grosgrain and white narrow organdy. All that I see now everytime that I look at this card is Raggedy Ann. I suppose I will be making another creation with this same card in mind.

I would love to hear what you think of these creations! Just let me know by posting in the comment field.

"HAPPY" stamping!

Stacey :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home