Friday, January 26, 2007

New Challenge!

Good Morning Stampin', Scrappin', and Paper Craftin' Friends!

Our demonstrator's group has another challenge underway. The new challenge is to come up with projects using a specific colour combination. The combination that we are using is Marigold Morning, Rose Red, Old Olive and Lavendar Lace. All of these colours must be used in each project. Again, for each project we do, our name will be entered the same number of times for a draw of Stampin' Goodies. The challenge goes until our March demonstrator's meeting. Not surprisingly, I like a challenge! The day after the challenge was posted, I started some projects.

The card to the left is the first card that I designed for the challenge using the Winged Things Stamp set and the Print Pattern Background stamp. I pieced the Old Olive, Marigold Morning and Rose Red card stock together and held them together with a few little pieces of tape. The three pieces now became one piece. I then inked up the Print Pattern stamp with the VersaMark Ink Pad. I carefully placed the paper as one unit on top of the background stamp and gently rub over the paper with my fingers. This is the way I use the Background stamps. I can ensure full coverage of ink on my projects. The VersaMark ink leaves a watermarked look on the paper. I used the same sized paper for the Lavendar Lace and the Very Vanilla card stock. I used the paper piercing tool to poke holes along two sides of the Lavendar Lace paper. I stamped the Dragonfly image in Basic Black Classic ink. The image is coloured using blender pens. I accomlished the Marigold Morning colour using the blender pens in the ink that I squeezed from the ink pad onto the cover of the ink pad. The other colours were achieved by gently brushing the blender pens on the Paint Brush end of the Stampin' Write Markers. If you click on the card, it will be enlarged so you can see that I sponged the different colours around the edges where they came in contact with the coloured card stock. The main piece of card stock is Naturals White.

Check back over the next few days for more projects that I have completed for this Challenge!

Happy Inspirations to you all with your Stampin' Creations!

Stacey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home