Friday, August 31, 2007

Baroque Motifs Challenge winner!

In a previous post I announced a Baroque Motifs card challenge. Through the inspiration of a pair of my daugther's cords, I challenged all to come up with cards and submit them to me. Well, all of the cards were wonderful! I must say that the general similarity of all of the cards was the BLING! I love the bling! I also loved receiving each of the cards...it was like it was Christmas!



Well, the winner is Candice B.! Here is a picture of her card. The BLING on this card was achieved by adding silver brads. The colour scheme was simliar to the cords(black, always artichoke, orchid opulence, tempting turquoise, and yo yo yellow.


I kept the prize as a surprize! Here is the prize package: SNAIL refill, 2-way glue, assortment sample of rhinestone brads, assortment sample of halfback white pearls and flowers from the Pretties Kit!



I am also adding a picture of a card which I made through the inspiration from the cords. At the top of the cords is a pom pom decorative element. I mimicked this by added two layers of scalloped edging to the top of the card. The black scallop edge was accomplished using the 3/16 inch corner rounder, and the always artichoke scalloped edging was created using the slit punch. Since I know that my daughter loves the colours pink and purple, I thought that I would keep with those colours seeing that the cords are hers. The large flower was stamped in Pixie Pink on whisper white card stock and punched out with the scallop circle punch. The black "framed" flower was created using the scallop circle punch after punching the black cardstock with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. Note that the white scalloped flower is turned slightly and highlights the black punched flower. The main card stock is basic black and the scroll image and small flowers were stamped on vellum card stock. I also put a little BLING into my card: a pink circle rhinestone brad.

I do hope you enjoy these two cards. Look for other card challenges in the future with more great prize packages!

Happy Stampin'!

Stacey
(images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home