Friday, April 25, 2008

Scrapbook Title Bar

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about my scrapbook borders from my last post. I really appreciate it! Scrapbooking is such a wonderful way to be creative. But it is also a wonderful way to display the photos of the memories which are important in your life. I hope that you find some inspiration in my creations to help you with your scrapbooking creativitiy.
I thought that I would also share with you the other scrapbooking element swap that I have completed. My element for this swap was to create a title bar for the swap theme Sea Shells. The colours for this swap are: Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Confetti White, and black to stamp the shells. Of the stamp sets that were allowed I used the Seaside stamp set, Winds of Grace, and the title was done using the Short Order Alphabet stamp set.

Here are a few details of how I brought the title bar together.

The 'sand' was created using the 'sand/wave' stamp from the Winds of Grace stamp set and was stamped using Sahara Sand ink. This stamp could also be used to create clouds. Very versatile!

The shells were stamped on scrap pieces of cardstock. The blush blossom and sahara sand colouring was done using Stampin' Write Markers, and the Bashful Blue was added using a blender pen dipped into ink that I squeezed onto the ink pad lid. The 'spines' of each Scallop Shell were highlighted using Crystal Effects. This was a great way to give a little shine as well as a raised texture to the shells. The Spindal Shell was coloured the same way but I also used Sage Shadow. There is also Crystal Effects appied to each 'lined' detail of the Spindal Shell. To attach the shells, I simply cut out each image, used SNAIL adhesive to apply the Spindal Shell directly to the title page and the Scallop Shells were raised off of the page using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I purposely stamped the title in a 'wave'. Not only did it fit with the theme, it is also much easier to stamp letters tilted then try to stamp them all straight in a row. If you like to stamp your letters straight in a row, I would recommend using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the proper placement.

A few little details that added to this title bar: I sponged Bashful Blue direct to cardstock all over the 'sky' as well as around the edge of the cardstock where the 'sky' is. I sponged Sahara Sand around the cardstock edges where the 'sand' is. This helped to blend the Confetti White cardstock into the matted pieces. The Sahara Sand cardstock is torn just on the sides where the sand matches up. One other detail was the Seagulls. I coloured direct to stamp using the Bordering Blue Stampin' Write Marker to the last portion of the Pennant Flag of the sailboat stamp from the Winds of Grace. A little bit of 1/4 inch Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon finishes off this title bar.


Happy creating!


Stacey


(images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home